The FlareAssist Radar Module measures 4.25″ L x 3.00″ W x 1.75″ H and weighs less then a pound.
There are 4 threaded inserts in the top face for mounting brackets to attach. Bolts are included.
The Splitter Cable runs from the FlareAssist™ unit to inside the aircraft.
Note: The Splitter Cable supplied is 8 Feet. Additional length is available during checkout.
The Audio Cable connects the Splitter Cable to the aircraft audio:
- Through either a music input, such as a audio connection (music input) at your intercom
- Cut the cable and wire into a Un-Switched Audio input on your intercom. Audio is 16 ohms.
The Power Cable connects from your power source to the Splitter Cable:
- It may be plugged into a 12 volt power plug. There is a switch with a 12 volt LED to enable visual confirmation of the unit being powered on.
- Alternatively, you may cut the plug off and hard wire into your electrical through a panel mounted switch.
- If your aircraft has a 28 volt electrical system, choose 28 volt during checkout.
Pictured is the bracket supplied for mounting to the Searey.
Other brackets will be available.